Interpretation Center of the Ry, Fundão, Portugal Copyright © André Mota Veiga, 2015
Patrimony/heritage is a concept with several meanings and is a word used in a very generalist way.
However, the meanings that encompass the concept of heritage have several categories and groups.
Their correct distinction from the various heritage nomenclatures is a key tool for learning in the fields of culture and post-industrial contexts.
Old Pottery Kiln Chimney - Telhado, Fundão, Portugal. Copyright © André Mota Veiga, 2015
"Patrimony" is a Latin root word that means that which belonged to the father or the goods inherited by the father.
It is all that we receive most important and we think it should be left to the future.
We usually recognize as heritage the most imposing and unique elements of each country or region.
Heritage is divided into two categories: Natural and Cultural and Cultural Heritage is divided into two groups: Material and the Intangible.
It is intended that at the end of this quest the trainee will be able to distinguish, identify and give examples of the various categories and groups of Heritage and that knows how to fit the Industrial and Post-Industrial Patrimony into categories and groups.
Ceramic warehouse, Telhado, Fundão, Portugal. Copyright © António Supico
With the Internet, make a presentation where it is patent:
- definition of Cultural Heritage
- Heritage categories
- the Heritage group
- examples of your place of residence for Heritage categories and groups
- Practical example of the relationship between Cultural Heritage Industrial Property and Intangible Cultural Heritage.
- Knowledge of the concepts and categories of Cultural Patrimony and Natural Heritage
- Knowledge of concepts and groups of Material and Intangible Cultural Heritage
- The presence of the Intangible Cultural Heritage in the context of Cultural Heritage Industrial property
- Use the Internet to conduct targeted research
- Select and organize search data
- Make a presentation on the subject
- Demonstrate ability to plan, organize and manage research time
- Demonstrates the capacity of research autonomy
- Demonstrate ability to select objective research information
The domain of concepts is essential in any professional area.
Correctly using the notions of the Heritage(s) delimits and precise the quality of our discourse, transmission of knowledge and facilitates the performance of our tasks.