A Moagem Cidade Do Engenho E Das Artes, Fundao. (Herbert Media 2016)
Do you know what is meant by heritage and post-industrial heritage? From the web links in the resources section investigate and explore the world of Post-Industrial Heritage. From your findings does this match your understanding of what Heritage and Post Industrial Heritage means.
Band Saw, Robinson Cork Factory, Portalegre, Portugal. (Herbert Media 2016)
In this task you are required to work with your group to investigate, explore and understand the world of heritage and post-industrial heritage and what that means to you.
You will need to prepare a presentation, in a format of your choice, to show your findings to the rest of the group.
In your presentation you will need to:
- disscuss your understanding of post-industrial heritage.
- explain if your understanding of heritage and post-industrial heritage has changed and why.
- describe how this compares to a site you know?
You can work in groups or pairs for this task.
1. Before you start the task, discuss with your group your understanding of heritage and post-industrial heritage and document this for comparison.
2. What is heritage and post-industrial heritage? Use the web links in the resources to explore the concept of post-industrial heritage.
3. Using the information you have found explore your definition of post-industrial heritage, noting how it is different to heritage.
4. Create a presentation for your group explaining your concept.
- 1. The learner will have gained the knowledge and understanding of heritage and post industrial heritage and be able to apply that knowledge to their own organisation.
- 2. The learner will have developed their team working and communication skills by creating and presenting their findings with their group.
- 3. The learner will have developed their computer knowledge and skills by researching the Internet and contributing to the creation of a presentation.
- Know the deifinition of post-industrial heritage and how it differs from heritage
- Understand the difference between heritage and post-industrial-heritage and be able to apply that meaning to their own organisation.
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of working in a team to achieve a task.
- Develop higher cognitive thinking skills as in sythesis, analysis and evaluation (Bloom's Taxonomy)
- Developing research skills by using the Internet
- Develop confidence to present in front of an audience
- Developing team work and communication skills
- Repsonsiblity and autonomy to be able to work in a team and as an indviuadual to complete a task
- Research, anaylse, evaulate and present findings from simple research
- Working in a team to complete assigned tasks
- Knowledge of Heritage and Post Industrial Heritage and how it applies to own organisation
Assessment will be based on the completed task, clear and coherent presentation based on evidence of research explaining what heritage and post-industrial heritage means to you.